Frequently Asked Questions
How are the shipping costs calculated?
ZAP LIGHTING shipping charges FREE for orders over $49 and over. Free shipping applies to most items. Overweight products and other high cost of shipping products are excluded. There is a charge for Express delivery or second day delivery. Totals below $49 have a $15 charge for delivery. Please contact customer service for more information.
Canada, Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii have their own shipping rates. Please call customer service to obtain these rates.
How does your free shipping promotion work?
We frequently run free-shipping offers on select products or groups of products. Free-shipping refers to standard shipping; express delivery and second day charges are extra. Our free shipping offers are available to the lower 48, continental U.S. states only, not available on orders to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico or other international destinations. To read more about our shipping policy please see the page entitled "Shipping Policy."
What is your returns policy?
Your Satisfaction is our Number One Goal
At Zap Home Decor, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come.
On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don't like or that doesn't match your décor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy.
At Zap Home Decor we want you to get exactly what you want, and with our world-class product selection you can be sure you'll find the product that is right for you.
30 Day Return Policy
If you would like to return an item that is in like-new condition with original packaging, you may return the product within 30 days of receipt.
Any additional fees, including shipping, shipping internationally, shipping to HI or AK, or any minimum order fees are also all non-refundable.
Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and information entered. Customers who place orders by phone or chat must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
Returns with Restocking Fees
Some manufacturers charge a restocking fee. Please refer to the product page to view a particular manufacturer's return policy or you can browse our list of
Step 1 - Acquire authorization and instructions
To begin the return process, please call (800) Zap-9529 or Live Chat ith one of our fully trained customer service representatives.
Quick Return Manufacturers (IRGA)
In most cases we will immediately email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to return product along with a label and return instructions. Click here to view the list of manufacturers participating in this program.
Manufacturers who are not participating in our Instant Return program must first approve the return. This process may take up to 7 business days. Once received, we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number with a label and return instructions.
Step 2 - Shipping product back
Ship the item to the warehouse. Below are the keys to a successful return:
· Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material. Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by Zap Home Decor. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
· Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered, please do not ship USPS because they can not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
· Tracking Number: We recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact customer service at 1-888-Zap-9529 or Live Chat and provide them with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
You will have 30 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 30 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given.
In the event that a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, Zap Home Decor will inform the customer via email that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 30 days. It is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct Zap Home Decor concerning what to do with the damaged product. If Zap Home Decor has not received notification or response from the customer within 30 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
Step 3 - Refunds
Once the returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, the refund credit process will begin.
Customers will be refunded via the same method in which the item was purchased or via check from Zap Home Decor Refunds via check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items not eligible for returns
· Custom orders (i.e. products that are built-to-order or any item labeled non-returnable on the product page of the Website). Dynamic List Here
· Special purchases, including: clearance items, inventory sale items, custom quotes, special discounts, etc.
· Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified or used in any way.
· Any item that is not in resalable condition.
· Any item not accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) issued by Zap Home Decor.
· Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
· Large orders: (Orders containing 10 or more of a single item or orders with an invoice total greater than $2,500). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation.
· Light bulbs, parts, and shades.
· Expedited shipping and charges for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and International destinations.
· Any item not purchased from Zap Home Decor.
manufacturers with no restocking fee.
If you return an item with a restocking fee, it will be deducted from the refund.
Non Returnable & Custom Made Product
ZAP HOME DECOR sells products from some manufacturers that are custom made or built-to-order. These items are non-returnable and non-cancellable once the order has been placed. Please refer to the product page to view a particular manufacturer's return policy or you can browse our list of manufacturers that do not accept returns.
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn't work properly, please refer to the "Damaged & Defective Goods Policy" below.
Why is there sales tax when I’m purchasing online?
ZAP LIGHTING is required by certain states to charge sales tax on online orders. Sales tax will automatically be charged on the merchandise and shipping and handling charges in the state of Washington only. We do not add sales tax unless we are required by law to do so.
Why do you need my e-mail address?
How can I pay for my purchases? What kind of credit card payments do you accept ?
ZAP LIGHTING accepts American Express, Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit cards for online purchases. Payments can be made directly through our secure site, using Google Checkout or Paypal.
What other payment options are available?
Personal checks, purchase orders and money orders are accepted, but you must call in your order at 1-800-Zap-9529. Please note that we cannot ship your purchases until these funds clear our bank, a process which may add additional time to your order. Purchase orders must be faxed to us at 1-877-Zap-0005 with the original signature attached.
What is your quality assurance guarantee?
The ZAP Home Decor, Inc. Quality Assurance Program is a vital part of our corporate policy and store operations and is fully supported by senior management. Our organization is committed to an effective product safety program that ensures that our stores and products meet established standards for safety, quality and value. ZAP Home Decor, Inc. offers quality products that meet or exceed product requirements established by applicable government agencies and our Quality Assurance department. Suppliers and products are evaluated for compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements through vendor audits and product inspections on an ongoing basis. The Quality Assurance department investigates customer concerns and initiates the appropriate follow-up and response action. If you have any questions, or to send us a comment, e-mail us at email@example.com.
What is your restocking fee policy?
Returns with Restocking Fees
Some manufacturers charge a restocking fee. Please refer to the product page to view a particular manufacturer's return policy or you can browse our list of manufacturers with no restocking fee.
If you return an item with a restocking fee, it will be deducted from the refund.
Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the "Standard Return Policy". Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee.
I don't see my question listed here!
Not to worry! Our lighting consultants are available by phone, e-mail or online chat to help you with your questions. Please call us at 1-800-ZAP-9529.
How can I track my order?
Your order can be tracked online 24/7 by logging into your account. Click the "My Account" link at the top or bottom of any ZapLighting.com page to login and view your orders and their current status.
Order Status: Below are the different types of status you might view while your order is being processed.
* Order Pending - When an order is first placed, it has been recorded by our system, payment has been verified but the order has not been processed to a warehouse for shipment. Orders while in this status can usually be changed or cancelled.
* Processing - This order has been processed through our system and has been sent to one or more warehouses for shipment. As the order has left our immediate system for shipment, a change or cancellation must be requested and must wait for confirmation from the shipping warehouse before completion of the change or a credit can be issued.
* Shipped - This order has been confirmed as leaving the warehouse in one or more packages. Tracking numbers and the shipping company are usually provided. Shipping confirmation and tracking numbers being entered may take 24-48 hours to propagate into system as we deal with over 30 warehouses, not all using the same system.
* Multiple Shipments - Your order has been broken into several shipments for faster processing or because it had to ship from different locations. Individual shipments will be shown, with a status for each shipment, including shipped and backordered.
* Backordered - All or a portion of the order was not immediately obtainable. The order has been confirmed as placed on order with the manufacturer or queued for incoming stock to the warehouse. Items placed on backorder are considered purchased, but can be requested to be cancelled assuming they have not shipped (must be verified with shipping warehouse before order is confirmed as cancelled). Contact customer service if you need to make a request to change a backorder.
What is the meaning of "ships in"?
This is the average amount of business days that the the manufacturer takes to process the order and give it to the shipper. The "ships in" time is not guaranteed. Sometimes it is less than three days and sometimes it may be more than 5 days.
INFO & POLICIES